Top 10 Richest Politicians in the World in 2016: In the competition of the riches, as it seems, the politicians are not lagging behind. Rather they are the ones showing startling figures in the accounts. With magnanimous power, these political leaders have subjected to much gossips and focus of attention from the media as well as the people. We made an attempt to jot down the names of the leading leaders who are rich and powerful in 2017.
The leaders who profession made them appear in the list of Richest Politicians in the World in 2016
The amount of compensation which is earned by these politicians is extremely exorbitant. The annual salary of these politicians is much greater than that of the per capita income of the specific country.
Below have been discussed the top 10 Richest Politicians in the world in 2016-
1. C. Y. Leung- He is the Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. He has been in charge of various offices like the Provisional Legislative Council and Convenor of the Executive Council. He ranks among the top richest politicians in the world by having earned an annual income of $530,000. This figure is about 12 times more than the average income of the citizen of Hong Kong.
2. Lee Hsien Loong- He is a popular political leader of Singapore. Lee Hsien Loong is currently the Prime Minister of Singapore and has been in this office since 2004. He is also one of the wealthiest politicians in the world. He currently gets a compensation of about $ 2,183,516. The current figure of his salary is about 40 times more than that of average salary of Singapore.
3. Barack Obama- He is a popular political leader of United States of America. He is currently the 44th President of America. Barack Obama is also the first African American, who holds this office. His current salary is about $ 400,000 which is nearly eight times more than that of the average salary of an American.
4. Michael Daniel Higgins- He is a popular politician, sociologist, poet and broadcaster. Michael D Higgins is the 9th President of Ireland and has been in this office since 11th November 2011. According to sources, the current compensation earned by him is about $340,000.
5. Tony Abbott- He is the current Prime Minister of Australia and has been holding this office since 2013. He has also been the leader of Liberal Party since 2009.The 28th Prime Minister of Australia earns a basic salary of about $345,000.
6. Xavier Bettel- He is a popular lawyer and politician of Luxembourg. Xavier Bettel has been an active member of Luxembourg Democratic Party. He has been the Prime Minister of Luxembourg since 4th December 2013. He has also served as the Mayor of Luxembourg City. Currently, he earns an annual salary of $340,000.
7. Stephen Harper– He is one of the popular politicians of Canada. Stephen Harper is currently the Prime Minister of Canada. He is also the first prime minister who comes from Conservative Party. Currently, his salary is about $296,400.
8. John Key- He is the 38th Prime Minister of New Zealand. John Key has been the active member of New Zealand National Party since the year 2006. Currently, he gets a salary of about $290,000. This current figure is about ten times more than the average salary of the citizen of New Zealand.
9. Angela Merkel- She is one of the popular politicians of Germany and the leader of Christian Democratic Union (CDU) since the year 2000. She is currently the Chancellor of Germany and has been in this office since 2005. Currently she gets a salary of about $283, 608.
10. Jacob Zuma- He is currently the president of South Africa. He is also the president of African National Congress. Jacob Zuma earns an annual salary of about $272,000. The current figure is about 26 times more than that of average salary of a citizen of South Africa.
They are the top 10 richest politicians in the world in 2016. This shows that they are adequately compensated for service they provide to the citizens of their country. Stay tuned with us as with passage of time we will keep updating this list.